Quality Control Inspector
JOB TITLE: Quality Control Inspector
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree a plus
- Perform test evaluations, inspections; assist in process capabilities studies (SPC), etc. Present mold test results to Quality manager.
- Perform first article reports this includes full dimensional evaluations if required.
- Review new customer drawings/prints to the previous revision to determine differences and report them to the Quality manager.
- Conduct Receiving Inspections and process supplier returns as required.
- Perform in-house calibrations and coordinate outside calibration services to measuring instruments in accordance with work instructions.
- Complete Nonconforming Reports for product and perform MRB disposition and report same.
- Assist the Quality Manager in CAPA investigations to include the documentation of Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions and Effectiveness Checks.
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions as part of the Continuous Improvement Program.
- Perform internal audits to assess level of compliance to implemented procedures, work instructions and the ISO9001/2008 quality system.
- Investigate internal/external quality issues per Quality manager’s request.
- Provide inspection support and training to production personnel.
- Perform any other special assignments as directed by Quality Manager
- Minimum of 3-5 years exp in mechanical & visual inspection of Plastic Injection Molded products.
- Experience in CMM and/or video inspection equipment is a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of quality concepts, methods and standards. i.e QMS, CAPA, Audits, SPC, CpK or PpK Analysis, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, ISO and or FDA regulations.
- Technical writing and or Report Writing experience.
- Good communication and organizational skills, team oriented.
- Demonstrated ability of metrology and use of inspection tools including micrometers, height and depth gages, Tool-Makers Mic, Comparators, and calipers.
- Computer literate with programs such as Windows, MS Word and Excel.
- Lifting requirement of 35 lb.
- Help in other departments as requested and/or needed.
- Assist in the daily operation of quality department in absence of quality department personnel.